[Foundation-l] Corporate vanity policy enforcement

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 17:48:41 UTC 2006

Hoi,
There are two issues that may be addressed. There is an apparant need for
organisations to be VISIBLE. They want to use Wikipedia for that while we do
not consider them to be of relevance in an encyclopedic setting. The content
that they created would be of some value to Yellowikis. This is where this
information is welcomed.

By moving it sideways, we do exactly what is current practice for other
content that does not fit Wikipedia. We are not as confrontational as we
could be, but the teflon quality of our projects would be increased and this
may lead to fewer angry people in our projects as well.

PS I am totally behind the notion that we should not have non-encyclopedic
content in Wikipedia.. for me it is a matter of strategy.

Thanks,
   GerardM