[Foundation-l] Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

valdelli at bluemail.ch valdelli at bluemail.ch
Thu Sep 28 17:53:00 UTC 2006

For Turin, IMHO, could be interesting also to have a defined rule to
choose the bids.

I have followed three years of candidatures and each year different
rules.

My question is... in this choice what is the role of the
communities?

Last year the final bidders (Toronto e Boston) have been choosed
after a poll (IMHO unnecessary because the two towns are in the same
continent with a little bit difference of proposal)... and this
year?

Who has a limited knowledge of marketing knows that a poll is
important to investigate the crowd of wikipedians. It's not a must,
but it's important because the board of examiners could take a choice
with impartial data without taking in charge the weight of an
important choice.

Without a poll *seems* that the choice has been already taken
previously.

I ask for more importance of Wikipedians.

Regards

Ilario