[Foundation-l] A Wikimedia sidebar box for wikipedia.org

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 20:24:43 UTC 2006

Bonsoir,

On 9/26/06, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> As you may know, MediaWiki:Sidebar supports defining little boxes that
> contain navigation links. de.wikipedia.org has used this to customize
> its sidebar, for example.
>
> Should we have a sidebar with the heading "Wikimedia" containing links
> to wikimediafoundation.org for things like:
> - About Wikimedia
> - Projects
> - Volunteer (info about committees, mailing lists, etc.)
> - Jobs (those we chooose to publicly advertise)
> - Chapter information

I think is could a good idea to improve Wikimedia visibility. But 5 links
are too much imo. If we already have a "Navigation" and a "Community"
section, another one with 5 links would relegate the search box far away.
Maybe we could add the 2 more relevant links in the "community" section ?

g.

--
Guillaume Paumier
Disciplus Simplex