[Foundation-l] The Foundation is not a wiki (was Re: RfC: Key priorities for my work)

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 04:15:40 UTC 2006

Hello,
Back online. (Mainly due to 'Mania 2007; I promised KJ to give a help
once. Would you sent me your expectations of potential guest/keynote
speakers, KJ?)

Thank you for your kind words and apologies for my rant. Following
advices, I'll take a break - after we've done post-mortem. For several
reasons I would like to keep a distance from the Wikimedia project for
a while. My availability will decrease but I'll be around there, not
completely leave.

Well, as for Boardvote, I expect developers are aware of, however for
the record I would like to stress that anyone who are granted
boardvote right can access to the detailed data of the global
Election. I think a local election is the board/foundation issue hence
rather offtopic on this list, and don't mind if a certain project uses
Boardvote extention (I know another certain Wikipedia which some
people would have liked to use this for local sysop votes ... ),
however, I stress that they can be given the access * only * after the
results of this Election flashed. No local votetaker are allowed per
se to access the private data of over 2300 editors around the world.

On 9/26/06, Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com> wrote:
> geni wrote:
> > On a related note will special:boardvote be available?
>
> The source code is available in our SVN repository along with other extensions.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com / brion @ wikimedia.org)

Kizu Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
  * vox populi, vox dei *