[Foundation-l] Proposal re: sep11.wikipedia.org

James Hare messedrocker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 22:50:10 UTC 2006

"I mean, do we really need to read some of
Jimbo's early edits to Wikipedia from over five years ago that are now
completely rewritten?  At least this is something to think about if hard
drive space is becoming a substantial issue, as even the most obscure
and neglected project or even article is likely to get at least some
attention by somebody over the course of two years to revert any major
vandalism requiring edits going back any further."

1) Hard drive space is not an issue. It's the fact that we no longer have a
need to keep the wiki open.
2) According to the GFDL, yes, we are required to keep the entire history of
articles.