[Foundation-l] Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

Gianluigi Gamba gigamb at tin.it
Mon Sep 25 08:27:14 UTC 2006

I congratulate with Taipei team and I'm sure they'll organize a memorable
event.

As a member of the Turin bidding team, let me voice a choral "too bad".
We had a sort of incredible "astral conjunction" of sponsors *really eager*
to have the Wikimania event, the enthusiasm of the whole community, the
honeymoon with the media and the commitment of many people from national
(and not only) institutions.
I wonder if such combination will return in a future. I hope so.

A prayer to the future jury: that's not been this year's case, but should
geographic and linguistic criteria be essential in choosing the future
locations, please say it in advance, before people start making contacts,
put their faces off and spend words.

Good luck Taipei, and good job.

G. (aka Paginazero)