[Foundation-l] The Foundation is not a wiki (was Re: RfC: Key priorities for my work)

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 24 23:48:57 UTC 2006

--- geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/25/06, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > Sorry my message sent before I was done :P
> >
> > The first step to making a change in these
> internal
> > elections is establishing consensus within the
> > community.
>
> I know how to set up and run elections.
>
> >  I am not sure what kind of response you
> > are looking for here.
>
> An answer to my question although it appears that
> Jimbo is the only
> one who can answer it
>
> >But I would expect you would
> > have nothing but support from everyone on this
> list in
> > carring out the consensus desicion at en.WP
> regarding
> > arbcom elections.
>
> I didn't get that last time I have little reason to
> believe you would
> challenge Jimbo this time.

I will challenge any ideas or positions I disagree
with no matter who they come from.  I don't really get
into challenging people, however.

> Last time around we ended up running the elections
> under rather less
> than ideal conditions. I would rather we didn't have
> a repeat. As part
> of that I need to know what role (if any) jimbo and
> the board plan to
> play.

I really don't know the history there (that is just a
disclaimer not a request).  Still I think the best
approach is start within the community and gather
consensus on what is wanted internally and then to
come here for support.  A strong idea of what en.WP
*does* want will be much easier to gather support for
than a negative position (i.e. no Jimbo).  So I
encourage you to try work on coming to a positive
position internally at en.WP.  I think it would be
really great to see a large diverse community like
en.WP come to consensus on how to hold an internal
election.  It would be a concrete example for everyone
interested in the "indirect election" format to
evaluate.

Birgitte SB