[Foundation-l] NL chapter

oscar oscar.wiki at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 23:34:20 UTC 2006

On 9/24/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Good news !
>

> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Vereniging_Wikimedia_Nederland
>
> The Vereniging has been approved as a Wikimedia Chapter.
>
> The board retreat in october will welcome Oscar as a representant of the
> chapter (and a person generally very trusted and appreciated) to help
> structure better the relationship between chapters and Foundation.
>
> Cheers
>
> Anthere

good news indeed!

we are very honored and pleased that our work in the netherlands and belgium
(! we have a vice-president from belgium indeed !) has now lead to the
official recognition of the vereniging as a chapter of the wikimedia
foundation and are looking forward to a long and productive collaboration.

it is my personal opinion that global cooperation between the wikimedia
foundation and her chapters, leading to a more distributed practical
responsibility and workload, as well as to avoiding single points of failure
in general, will be a vital factor in securing the long term stability
combined with the necessary flexibility we need to accomplish our mission:
''to encourage the growth and development of free content, wiki-based
projects and to provide the full contents of those projects to the public
free of charge and without advertising''.
let's keep this engraved in our heart and mind, it's what we spend so much
of our energy and time for.

best, and cheers indeed :-)
oscar

ps - i bet you are all longing for stroopwafels, as i already received some
requests on my metawiki talk page ;-)