[Foundation-l] The Foundation is not a wiki (was Re: RfC: Key priorities for my work)

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 24 23:04:04 UTC 2006

--- Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 9/24/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > the en.wikipedia never run arbcom election with
> > board involvement.
> > > it run arbcom election with Jimbo involvement.
> > >
> > > That's different
> >
> > Not for the people on the receiving end it isn't.
> >

> I agree with Anthere here.  The involvment of a
> single
> board member is not the same as the involment of the
> Board.

Sorry my message sent before I was done :P

The first step to making a change in these internal
elections is establishing consensus within the
community.  I am not sure what kind of response you
are looking for here.  But I would expect you would
have nothing but support from everyone on this list in
carring out the consensus desicion at en.WP regarding
arbcom elections.

Birgitte SB