[Foundation-l] The Foundation is not a wiki (was Re: RfC: Key priorities for my work)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 14:56:20 UTC 2006

On 24/09/06, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Eventually, I would like us to get rid of all the private wikis and just use internal but with
> user group-based access controls on who can read what (a feature that Brion says will be difficult
> to implement but something I think is very important for us to have).

This is something corporate users keep asking for. Possibly there are
implementations out there that don't make Brion cough up a hairball.

> Having all these separate
> wikis makes communication between the various parts of the foundation unnecessarily difficult.

I certainly don't look at every wiki and every list I have access to
for this reason.

> Having every board member try to monitor everything is not an answer either.

Summaries? Though no-one's stepped up from the comcom to do a weekly
summary of wmfcc-l as yet, though all being in agreement it would be a
good idea. (I'm thinking something similar to software list summaries
like 'Kernel Traffic' or 'Wine Traffic'.) I might try just to see what
it requires, but don't hold me to that.

- d.