[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 12:58:51 UTC 2006

> The question is, how to make sure that people in smaller language
> projects have a proper voice.  It is not trivial to do this in a
> sensible way.

Well there are various ways you could do it through mass meetings of
community repersentives or trying to start an organisation of small
wikis but those have high overhead.

I would suggest pushing commons. There people will work together
because there is something in it for them and working together is
likely to produce far stronger links than any meeting or elections.

I have already suggested that projects below a certain size be limited
to taking images from commons only (although mostly for copyright
reasons). Push commons in the right direction and you could end up
with a truly cosmopolitan community

> The current situation is not horrible in this regard, because it does
> not matter where someone *comes from* per se, so long as they take a
> global approach.
>
> --Jimbo

Again I belive this could be solved by have commons work in such a way
to create a pool of such candidates.
--
geni