[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation Board Election 2006: Announcement of result

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 02:25:43 UTC 2006

Whew. That was quite an exciting election. :-) Thanks to everyone who
voted for me, and special thanks to those who chose to endorse me
publicly. Winning an election is one thing; now the real work begins.

Congratulations to the runner-ups. I think the ranking should at least
alleviate fears that open elections will expose us to a takeover from
outside the community. If I hadn't run, the new Board member would now
be Kat, or Oscar, or Daniel, all of which would have been excellent
choices. Thanks for all the congratulations I have received; I may not
be able to respond to all of them.

For those who did not vote for me, or would have liked to be able to
explicitly vote against me, please give me a chance. I am honestly
interested in everyone's views on what I should or should not be doing
as a Board member, and ask only to be treated with kindness and
respect. I will always make an effort to do the same.

In the coming days, I intend to listen very carefully and accumulate
as much information as I can from many different sources about what
has gone right and what has gone wrong in the Foundation. I will also
send a separate Request for Comments. Rather than saying "I will do X"
right now, I need to get a grip on what will be feasible in the coming
months, and where the priorities should be. I hope you will be patient
with me, but please always feel free to talk to me about WMF matters.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik