[Foundation-l] Dreams, goals, and milestones (1 of 3)

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Sep 23 21:40:29 UTC 2006

Brion Vibber wrote:

>Daniel Arnold wrote:
>

>>Wikimedia Commons goals are better software which we naturally don't want to
>>demand solely from others but want to be able contributing to with less
>>friction. Some of our goals:
>>* Single login
>>

>Real soon now. ;)
>

>>* CheckUsage directly in MediaWiki
>>* CommonsTicker directly in MediaWiki (for example via a defined RSS feed that
>>can be imported in any other Wikimedia or third party wiki: See as
>>well "Instant Commons" idea)
>>* Checked Versions for files in order to review not only negatively ("this
>>file needs to be deleted") but also positively ("this file can be used safely
>>and is useful") our content.
>>

>Would love to these too; bug me about them in October and keep bugging me until
>they happen!

Without commenting about specific requests, I never feel right about
being a pain-in-the-ass about getting things done when I'm confident
that the person doing the work is doing as much as he can with the
resources available.

Single login would be nice, as would a more sophisticated search
function, but since I have never even figured out how to use a simple
bot.I really can't make any constructive contributions to those efforts.

Ec