[Foundation-l] Dreams, goals, and milestones (1 of 3)

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 03:26:27 UTC 2006

Where is that definition from?  I was using Erik Zachte's definition
of "active member", as used in a half dozen presentations on Wikipedia
-- ~80k editors with over 5 edits in the past month... 210k with over
10 edits in all.  I think "100k active editors" is accurate, though
perhaps "200k contributors" would be better.

http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediansEditsGt5.htm

SJ

On 9/21/06, Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/21/06, SJ <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > (thread 1 in a 3-thread microseries)
> >
> > The long-term discussion about planning for, devotion to, and passing
> > on the message and goals of the projects falls to all of us -- not
> > just the 700 people subscribed to this list, nor the 2000 contributors
> > to Meta, nor just the 100,000 active editors across all the
> > projects...
>
> There are only 23,611* active registered editors (as of June 1, 2006)
> on all projects.
>
> Kelly
>
> * "Active" is defined as "400 edits lifetime and 100 edits in the past
> year on any given project".  This number is overstated because many
> people are "active" on more than one project, and until we get SUL I
> can't readily account for that.

++SJ