[Foundation-l] Candidate statements

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 21:47:06 UTC 2006

To finally say a few words about the length debate:

The length limit on the candidate statements page is important.
Reading the statements should be sufficient to make a reasonably
informed decision. I tried to keep reasonably close to the limit this
time (the table of goals has 734 characters), which wasn't easy.

I think it should be up to the candidates to decide how much further
information they want to provide. This has been practice since the
2004 election. I tried to structure my platform in such a way that one
could read parts of it:
- a letter
- a summary in pictures
- sections on different topics
- an interview.

If it had gotten any longer, I would have started writing summaries
for the individual sections as well. Nobody has to read the whole
thing -- just the parts that interest you. Last time I checked, I
don't have a "By the way, I also eat babies" clause hidden anywhere.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik