[Foundation-l] Last two days of the election

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 11:07:13 UTC 2006

On 9/21/06, oscar <oscar.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/21/06, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If you have accounts on multiple wikis, consider to make it clear on
> > your user page on the project you are most active, where you may have
> > voted. Also if your user name are different from project to project,
> > please inform the community on your user page. It will help both you
> > and us to avoid being worried with unnecessare doubt if you are
> > someone's sockpuppet or not.
>

> question: will there also be any checking of ip's of the voters to see if
> users sockpuppeted under varying names in different projects?
> (shouldn't be too difficult, or?)

IP addresses are automatically recorded and any Election Official can
see it, however the duplicated votes should be removed by hands, and
there is always the possibility all of us (currently four) fail to
detect them. (Today I stroke three votes which have survived until
today).

So please don't make any disruptions intentionally. Someone called
once such "test", and I think he just was on a good faith but just
unwise, but even you are just unwise, if the effect is unignorable, or
it is apparently of intention, we should go to react. We haven't
banned any user currently due to duplicate voting, but it doesn't mean
we indulge any attempt of disruptions.

Cheers,

--
Kizu Naoko