[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 00:23:00 UTC 2006

On 9/19/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It would be nice to actually have others stats than those gathered by
> Alexa. Do we have other sources of information ?

might be able to compare main page views through:

http://tools.wikimedia.de/~leon/stats/wikicharts

but you would need one heck of a fudge factor to account for different
usage patterns

> In any cases, this discussion is pretty much a troll and we already know
> there will never be any agreement on this issue of "let's pick up
> english board members 'cause en.wikipedia is the biggest and requires
> most attention" or the "bullshit, the other languages are growing and
> require attention as well". This will not get anywhere EVER.

The question is largely irrelevant. I would be surprised if en makes
up 50% of the votes thus candidates need support from non en groups in
order to win. I do however object to anything that would discriminate
against en users.

> So, no, there is no exactly similar WP:Office in all big languages,
> because the Foundation can not afford paying people to do Danny's job in
> 10 languages right now.

I've delt with copyright issues on lanagues I don't speak. Libel would
be harder but there are ways to do it.
--
geni