[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 21:16:36 UTC 2006

Angela wrote:
> On 9/19/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On 9/18/06, Arne Klempert <klempert at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>May I ask you in which languages these articles are? Probably not in
>>>the same language I usually read.
>>
>>Dunno does google take news from things writen in not-english?
>

> Yes, but only if you visit Google News in another language. I don't
> believe there's a way to get news on a topic in all languages from
> Google. For example, you need to visit
> http://news.google.com/news?ned=de to see news in German (or perhaps
> in Germany. They seem to mix up language and country.
> http://news.google.com/news?ned=pt-BR_br
> http://news.google.com/news?ned=pt-PT_pt generally give the same
> alerts.)
>
> Angela.

Example:

Wikipedia in french google news (www.google.fr).
Only 500 references are used by the french google news in France. Note
that these references are in french (not in english, or german...), but
some of these websites are french from France, other french from Canada
(this confirms what Angela wrote above)

http://news.google.fr/news?hl=fr&ned=fr&q=Wikipedia&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d