[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 13:38:40 UTC 2006

On 9/18/06, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/18/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >since en.wikipedia isn't just big in
> > voteing power but in everything else (articles publicity effects on
> > other projects donations recived representation at the meta level) as
> > well.
>

> Any figures, facts etc. to support this assumption?

I to a degree follow news articles mentioning wikipedia. While other
languages are increasing acknowledged en tends to still receive the
focus of the article. Effects on other projects can be seen in the
number of translations from en and through the way the policy of many
tends to be draw from en (see .ru and the whole WP:V thing). When I
last saw figures most donations came from the US and the foundation
was far more concerned with getting a donation notice on en than the
other members of the big 8. Look at the make up of the various coms
for evidence of the last.

--
geni