[Foundation-l] Verifiability: Constitution? Question for Jimbo!

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 12:53:16 UTC 2006

2006/9/18, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> On 18/09/06, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2006/9/18, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
>
> > > If there are NO sources for an article, that tends to be a sign of
> > > deletability on en:wp. But that is mostly applied to popular culture
> > > things, where evidence of third-party verifiability may be needed to
> > > establish that anyone even cares.
>
> > Then you have a lot of deletable articles... I picked random article
> > 20 times. 15 of them did not have references, 4 did (the one skipped
> > did not have references, but did have a 'bibliography' section, so I
> > was not sure where to put it).
>

> It's usually applied to new ones. I save the {{unreferenced}} tag for
> articles with no sources, bibliography, links etc whatsoever.
>
> Your assumption is that anything to do with verifiability *must* be
> applied pathologically or not at all.

Well, YOU are the one who said it was 'a sign of deletability', not
me. And if you want to apply it different from pathologically or not
at all, it is you who are to come with a different approach. Either
you apply it or you don't. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Sure, you can make rules as to when to apply it and when not. But then
you have to state the rules.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels