[Foundation-l] Minimum standards for verifiability

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 01:01:47 UTC 2006

On 16/09/06, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> Александр Сигачёв wrote:
> > * Our project still very young for such strict rule (Russian Wikipedia
> > has more then 100,000 articles)
>
> This seems reasonable to me---en.wikipedia didn't enter a strong
> verifiability/citation push until around 1 million articles. Before
> that, the focus was on expanding content to a critical mass.

en.wikipedia achieved a million articles in a very short period of
time. If a project takes 10 years to reach the 1 million mark, I don't
believe it should put off strong rules of verifiability until then.
Another problem with this 1 million suggestion is that some Wikipedias
have much more restrictive policies on inclusion (de.wikipedia being a
good example).

I suppose projects will naturally form strong verifiability rules in
response to growing media criticism. This should generally result in
Wikipedias establishing these rules at the same point of
popularity/media focus.
--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)