[Foundation-l] Verifiability: Constitution? Question for Jimbo!

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Sep 17 23:50:35 UTC 2006

Walter van Kalken wrote:

>Dear Jimbo:
>
>I challenge you to find me a reference/citation for:
>
>''When walking on the major street towards increasing soi numbers, all
>the even-numbered sois are on the right side and the odd-numbered ones
>on the left side of the street. If for instance a new soi is added
>between soi 7 and soi 9 it will get the number soi 7/1, the next one soi
>7/2 etc. It is also possible that soi 20 is far away from soi 21 if
>there are more sois on one side of the street than on the other.''
>
> From the article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soi
>
>Not everything can be referenced, or a reference is almost impossible to
>provide. But what stands there is the truth, so should we delete this
>just because it is unreferenced?

In theory, there is probably a reference and legal basis for this kind
of thing in Bangkok city hall, but unless we are challenging the way
that the Bangkok city fathers are numbering streets it would be an
incredible waste of time to track it down.  I am willing, on a
provisional basis, to accept the observations of someone who has lived
in that city.  If I doubted the facts I could always go to Bangkok to
verify the facts by walking the streets.  The information is right there
for everybody to see.

Ec