[Foundation-l] Verifiability: Constitution? Current German proposal

Christoph Seydl Christoph.Seydl at students.jku.at
Sun Sep 17 12:24:06 UTC 2006

Actually, the proposal is a little bit longer. Maybe, some non-German
speakers are interested in the whole proposal:

"- New articles may only be created if they state sources. These
references should be listed in the edit summary and/or in the article
itself. To cite the main sources*) for an article, the sections
'Literature' or 'Weblinks' should be used. (...)**) New articles without
sources can be deleted without further discussion through a speedy
deletion request.

- Right of continuance for existing articles. Articles which were
created before the introduction of compulsory sourcing may not be
deleted just because of missing references. The long-term goal is,
however, to make to make the sources of all articles traceable.

Definition of the term 'Source/Reference': For the time being, it is
primarily about to state whereupon an article rests; even knowledge from
school or own experience are considered as source in this respect. Of
course, such diffuse declarations bring about that the article is
challenged. but that is a absolutely wanted effect. Hence, the
obligation for sources should not stop anybody to continue writing
article just on the basis 'I just know it', how is done often, but they
are clearly labelled."

*) Main source (Hauptquelle): A concept in the German Wikipedia that the
literature the article is stated once and every information that draws
to this material may not have any explicit reference to this material.
**) Just a cross-reference to [[w:de:Wikipedia:Quellenangaben]]
([[w:de:Wikipedia:Reference]]).

/Chris

--
Christoph SEYDL                Phone: (+43-7435) 57859
Rubringer Straße 41            Mobile: (+43-699) 81439550
A-4300 St. Valentin            E-mail: Christoph.Seydl at utanet.at
                               http://home.tele2.at/seydl