[Foundation-l] Verifiability: Constitution? Question for Jimbo!

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Sun Sep 17 11:01:11 UTC 2006

Andre Engels wrote:

>2006/9/17, Christoph Seydl <Christoph.Seydl at students.jku.at>:
>

>>Jimbo Wales says: "I can NOT emphasize this enough.    There seems to be
>>a terrible bias among some editors that some sort of random speculative
>>'I heard it somewhere' pseudo information is to be tagged with a 'needs
>>a cite' tag. Wrong. It should be removed, aggressively, unless it can be
>>sourced. This is true of all information, but it is particularly true of
>>negative information about living persons.    I think a fair number of
>>people need to be kicked out of the project just for being lousy
>>writers. (This is not a policy statement, just a statement of attitude
>>and frustration.)"
>>(http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2006-May/046433.html)

Dear Jimbo:

I challenge you to find me a reference/citation for:

''When walking on the major street towards increasing soi numbers, all
the even-numbered sois are on the right side and the odd-numbered ones
on the left side of the street. If for instance a new soi is added
between soi 7 and soi 9 it will get the number soi 7/1, the next one soi
7/2 etc. It is also possible that soi 20 is far away from soi 21 if
there are more sois on one side of the street than on the other.''

 From the article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soi

Not everything can be referenced, or a reference is almost impossible to
provide. But what stands there is the truth, so should we delete this
just because it is unreferenced?

With kind regards, from a wikipedia that if this is put through
rigouresly will shrink with 90%,
Waerth