[Foundation-l] Setting a record straight

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 18:24:38 UTC 2006

On 9/16/06, Amgine <amgine at saewyc.net> wrote:
> I stopped my volunteering on the en.wp project in fall 2004 due to a
> strong disagreement with an ArbCom decision. It was not in any way
> related to Mr Danny Wool, about whom I was only peripherally aware at
> the time. I work with Mr Wool on a daily basis, and we get along
> extremely well professionally.

To those wondering what this about-

A couple of days ago I had a phone conversation with Danny Wool, in
which he pointed out that he's been working very well with Wayne (the
context is not important). I was somewhat surprised by that, because I
had a recollection that Wayne had largely stopped participating in
en.wikipedia.org in part because of disagreements with Danny. I
pointed this out to Danny, who strongly disagreed and said that there
was no such incident. I responded that I may have misremembered. This
is the entire extent of the relevant parts of the conversation.

I don't have access to my logs right now to verify my recollection of
what Wayne had said (it was a long time ago), but it seems most likely
that I did indeed misremember, in which case I apologize for any
misunderstanding. Wayne, I assure you that I have not stated this
impression to anyone besides Danny in a single private conversation.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik