[Foundation-l] Logo Contests

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 14:55:17 UTC 2006

On 9/12/06, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Familiarity in that case is dull.

I agree with Delphine here. The one exception I would make is the
Commons logo, since it has such a strong connection to Wikimedia as a
whole. However, I find the Wikispecies logo disappointingly mundane,
and cringed when I saw a "lamp of knowledge" design for Wikiversity in
the Wikimedia colors.

Unfortunately, without divine intervention, the trend towards dull
logos seems unstoppable. Which will leave us with an inconsistent
mess, as usual. ;-)

WiktionaryZ, by the way, has its own unique logo design:
http://wiktionaryz.org/

Look, it even has a lens flare effect!  ;-)

--
Peace & Love,
Erik