[Foundation-l] Hi, Jimmy Wales, Is there inspectors to investigate admins?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 14:36:51 UTC 2006

> On 9/10/06, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> > For comparison, on en:wp -
> >  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Pedophilia_userbox_wheel_war

> There were previous simular cases.

Thinking back, I know 172 lost his sysop bit before then, but I do
think that was the big one in establishing that you could lose your
sysop bit for egregious bad behaviour.

> Day to day admins are regulated by other admins. I don't think en has
> a sysop-mailinglist.

Most detailed discussion happens on the admin noticeboards ([[WP:AN]]
and subpages). There's some discussion on the lists, and IRC
#wikipedia-en-admins was set up specifically as an admin matters
discussion space (and a place Danny or Jimbo could go when they needed
quick admin action on sensitive matters).

- d.