[Foundation-l] Hi, Jimmy Wales, Is there inspectors to investigate admins?

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 10:41:26 UTC 2006

Hoi,
Admins are not controlled on the Dutch Wikipedia. At best there is room for
censuring them. Control means that the community enforces behaviour of
admins. When people insist that people do things in a certain way, they have
to appreciate that admins are volunteers. When this urge of control becomes
too much people can and do decide not to be an admin anymore and
consequently all the control the community thought it had is lost.

There is little that cannot be done without having the "buttons" that are
essentially everything that an admin has over a non-admin. When an admin
goes overboard and starts to BAN people for no obvious reason, the admin has
lost his control and is likely to get censured. When a community is
fractured to the extend where opinion is divided in power blocks, we have a
situation where it is questionable to what extend the objectives of having a
WMF project are still primary. This is the situation in several projects
where the main issues are political and/or the dogmatic imposition of rules
that have little to do with the aim of the project.

Thanks,
     GerardM