[Foundation-l] Clickable images

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 18:10:13 UTC 2006

Hello

On 9/9/06, effe iets anders <effeietsanders at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I think we all saw them. Clickable images. Very usefull, especially on
> the main page etc, but there are some slight problems. You can not
> access the license-information without digging in the sourcecode of
> the page. And that might be in a template in a template etc. So that's
> why I am wondering:
>
> Should it be allowed at all to make images clickable, as people cannot
> check the license-information?

AFAIK, these clickable images are mainly used to direct either to other
Wikimedia sister projects, or to really big portals. In the first case, the
logos are the property of the Wikimedia Foundation. Is there any issue with
not giving the license-information?

In the second case, the images are used to direct people to pages which are
symbolized by these images. I suggest the target page includes the image
linking to it (classic image include, that links to the image description
page). Thus, if people want to know the license-information, they have to
click twice, but it's easier than to dig in templates.

g.

--
Guillaume Paumier
Disciplus Simplex