[Foundation-l] How not to manage opensource project

Bradypus Bradypus_wp at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 7 19:11:19 UTC 2006

Yep, here I am.

I have followed the thread and I would like to thank most of you, including
Jimbo, for taking some moments to try to bring answers to my questions.

I have of course a special thank for Anthere, who brought the issue here.

For some of you, I would like to make things clear: in asking these
questions, I never made a legal threat, I never made any threat at all, I
was never rude to anybody and I never considered anybody's input otherwise
than by assuming good faith.

At some point, of course, I had a small issue with Jimbo, as I am pretty
sure he did not read my second and last message on his page. But I fully
understand he is a super busy guy. I am just telling this because some have
questionned my capacity to read what others are writing ;-)

In case you would be interested by what my conclusion is, well you can read
it there: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilisateur:Bradipus/Chat_with_Jimbo
The page has been completely reworked to facilitate reading for both
language speakers (french and english).
My current conclusions are pretty much the same as what they were a week
ago, and the same as what lots of people said here.
So I guess now I did get it, although I think Anthere may be right when she
says using words such as "govern" and "manage" might create an issue also
with the outside world.

Still happy to discuss.

Bradipus
aka Vincent