[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Youth Camp?

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 01:09:08 UTC 2006

On 9/6/06, Andrew Lih <andrew.lih at gmail.com> wrote:
> So in a similar way, we could have a week before Wikimania where we
> gather the youth to have a special camp, which takes advantage of
> Wikipedians who might be able to show up.

One caveat: Wikimania is already a pretty big event, with the Hacking
Days before then .. I fear volunteer burn-out since it's likely going
to be some of the same people who would attend both events.

Having different locations (e.g. have the YC in EU when WM is in US,
etc.) would allow for different volunteers to participate in the
organization of both events, taking off some of the strain. And
Wikimedians who can't make it to Wikimania because it's too far away
might be able to attend, as helpers, their local YC.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik