[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Commons-l] Time to Seek Professional Lawyers Advice?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 19:36:32 UTC 2006

On 04/09/06, Matt Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/4/06, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Just what *is* the status of {{PD-Soviet}}? Is it bogus or not? Having
> > a bunch of wiki users vote on legal status doesn't strike me as
> > legally sound ...

> IMO, as an educated layman, {{PD-Soviet}} is bogus.

It seems a little ... odd. But the educated layman argument is another
wiki user vote. I'm asking what the Foundation's actual stated policy
on whether they're leaving themselves open to this or not is. That is,
a legal opinion, and not just any legal opinion but *our* legal
opinion. Hence asking on foundation-l.

(And that would suggest writing to juriwiki-l, but that unfortunately
seems to be a write-only list in practice.)

- d.