[Foundation-l] How not to manage opensource project

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 17:10:37 UTC 2006

On 9/3/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Someone can express pretty strongly a disagreement, without it
> necessarily leading to a fork. However, yes, that should be seen as a
> sign of anxiety. I recommand avoiding "fixing the issue" by saying "they
> did not understand me well, they should make the effort to really
> understand what I mean".
*nods*

"In a drama, there are always two people involved, otherwise it is not
a drama" (anonymous)

And in miscommunication, there is always what you meant to say, what
you said, what the other heard, and what the other understood
(multiply the obstacles by two when different languages and cultures
are involved)

When someone expresses their "not understanding", a better answer
might be : "Ah, this is not what I meant,  I must have expressed
myself the wrong way, let me try to explain differently". More
constructive than "I am right, you understood that all wrong".

> At least, if we want to develop internationally :-)

Indeed.

Delphine

--
~notafish