[Foundation-l] World Wikipedia project?

luke brandt shojokid at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 09:27:03 UTC 2006

On 10/26/06, luke brandt <shojokid at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have mentioned this a couple of times, but as yet no one seems
interested.
> The idea is to coordinate Wikipedia policy over different languages as
much
> as possible, so it becomes easier to amalgamate, to the benefit of all,
with
> just translation needed. Then issues of formatting, layout, image policy
etc
> etc should already have been sorted. Comments?

Documenting practices on Meta -- possibly combined with subjective
analysis and commentary -- seems like a good idea to me. You don't
need to start a new project or ask for anyone's permission to do this;
just start writing and structuring your thoughts.

--
Peace & Love,
Erik

I think it seems one of the strengths of the Project is its diversity, so -
going by the feedback - it's probably best to aim at coalescing around the
idea of a 'world compendium' rather than 'knocking heads' etc. Maybe in a
Wikia wiki we could suggest good articles from all parts of the globe for
inclusion. Because in most cases I bet we agree on what's good.

peace out
luke