[Foundation-l] Board officers elected; Anthere is Chair!

Damian Finol damian at igluve.org
Sat Oct 28 01:42:12 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> Erik Zachte wrote:
>> Hurray for Jimbo: a very wise proposal! Jimbo, yesterday I saw the ARTE
>> documentary again, the one that aired a year ago on your birthday in
>> Frankfurt. Just splendid. I hope you will find even more time now to sell
>> the Wikimedia concept to the world. Noone does that more convincingly. I
>> have not always been on your side lately, but I have to say: you gave the
>> movement so much already, and now you give it even more: your trust! Which
>> is difficult for any father of a child that reaches adulthood, and to be
>> applauded.
>
> Thanks so much for these kind words, and yes.  Selling the concept to
> the world is what I do best, and that's what I love to do.  That, and
> visiting Wikipedians everywhere, getting to know so many wonderful people.
>
>> Hurray for Anthere: you deserve this so much!
>
> Indeed she does. :)
>
> --Jimbo

Congratulations to all on this new step for the WMF!, I'm very excited
about this new changes and I hope they are indeed for the best.

Speaking of world tours, I wonder if we will see anyone from the WMF
touring South America some time soon? We are a continent too, and I bet
there are tons of people from many South American Countries (Venezuela,
Chile, Argentina, Brazil) that would love to have a regional meeting and
meeting up with the WMF :P.

Regards,
Damian Finol
Maracaibo, Venezuela.