[Foundation-l] Allegations of Wikipedia plagurism by Brandt/Websites he has stirred up sending nasty notices

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 18:51:21 UTC 2006

On 10/23/06, Tomasz Wegrzanowski <tomasz.wegrzanowski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Brandt is nothing more than a troll.
> Any genuine anti-plagiarism bot would at least look
> at article histories whether the allegedly "plagiarized" part
> was added at once (possible plagiarism) or build step by
> step (definitely plagiarism the other way). The trollbot
> doesn't do that because it's not interested in truth, just
> in building an impresive list of mostly false cases to
> attract attention.
[snip]

No need for emotion. When he is helpful (intentionally or otherwise)
we should take his help, when he is not we should ignore him.

Having a bot check the history isn't so trivial, in any case.

More on topic:  A box of cookies for whomever ports the recent enwiki
automated detection advances (wherebot for example) to some of the
other languages which may currently be getting less oversight.