[Foundation-l] Proposed guidelines in our IRC channels

Tangotango tangotango at wikignome.net
Sun Oct 22 17:30:56 UTC 2006

This topic might be a little old, but as a regular in #wikipedia-bootcamp, I
can definitely say that this channel is dedicated to helping users out. We
do occasionally get users from other Wikimedia projects, and although our
level of expertise in languages other than English may be lacking depending
on the time and users active, we are always friendly and attempt to help
anyone who comes in. The channel is also largely free of off-topic
conversation.

If we can get a combination of (1) more experienced and friendly Wikimedians
with expertise in languages other than English and (2) more users from
different projects who need help, then I think we would do great as a
multilingual support channel.

Tangotango