[Foundation-l] Planned change to default IP blocking behavior

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 21:15:33 UTC 2006

As I understand it it is also possible to set the standard locally
different, so why changing it globally? I think it would be best if
the communities make these decisions themselves and define it in their
monobook.

But one way or another, I think it is very important that it is easy
for another sysop to see in the log how the block was performed. Is it
possible that an additional note will be added to the blocklog and the
blocklist, telling what type of block was performed? (with or without
blocking logged in users, with or without blocking accountcreation) I
think that is very important, as we are having a lot of problems with
that when people come complain through OTRS for instance.

Effeietsanders