[Foundation-l] Dream a little...

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 18:12:25 UTC 2006

> > As you know, I strongly believe we need this and other extension-based
> > functionality; we just need a general security model for it that makes
> > sense.
>
> While this might be useful on wikisource on en it would have the
> problem of making the code shown on the editing pages even more
> incomprehensible.

Yes, because having math-tex code, which is fairly difficult to grok,
has crippled projects to the point where they can't work. Oh, wait.

If editors don't understand something in an editing screen, they leave
it alone - it's generally not difficult at all to figure out which bit
you're looking at even if you don't comprehend the code. I don't see
why providing for extensions which will be quite rarely used, but
provide definite extra functionality, is a downside.

Yes, other projects will use it more than enwp. But that doesn't mean
that it won't be useful on enwp, or mean that it's somehow an
automatic detriment...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk