[Foundation-l] Dream a little...

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 00:25:19 UTC 2006

--- geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/16/06, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
> > On 10/16/06, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > > I will not pretend to really understand this
> stuff.
> > > However Wikitex uses Lillypond and brion has
> marked
> > > Lillypond "wontfix"  because it is inherently
> unsafe.
> > > But if the Wikitex thing is really something
> different
> > > please forgive my confusion.
> >
> > The current status, as I understand it, is that
> Peter Danenberg is
> > coming up with a new security model for WikiTeX.
> He has tentatively
> > stated that he wants to be done by December 1.
> Then the WMF tech team
> > can take another stab at reviewing it (and its
> components) for
> > integration.
> >
> > As you know, I strongly believe we need this and
> other extension-based
> > functionality; we just need a general security
> model for it that makes
> > sense.
>
> While this might be useful on wikisource on en it
> would have the
> problem of making the code shown on the editing
> pages even more
> incomprehensible.
>

> --
> geni

I am unsure what you mean here.  The code will look
the same at en.WS as it does at en.WP.  It will only
show up where there is a need to display music.  Many
editors will never come across thes edit screens at
all.  However much of a learning curve there is with
this code it will be more efficient than cropping
images from book scans.  I don't understand what you
are advocating here.

Birgitte SB