[Foundation-l] Dream a little...

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 18:22:39 UTC 2006

On 10/16/06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> When it is not possible to play a piece by Haydn Mozart Rossini because
> there is no music available, we should SCAN these works and digitize
> them.

For some orchestral pieces finding scores which are not modern
arrangements can be a challenge. ... for works where unaltered scores
are available there should be little problem in obtaining a legal
recording.

http://www.mutopiaproject.org/  < folks working on score
transcriptions, wikisource style, for works which can be legally
cleared. As you can see, their collection is not that large.