[Foundation-l] Proposed guidelines in our IRC channels

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Oct 12 19:03:10 UTC 2006

Sean Whitton wrote:
>> However even if there is some good reason to do so in the
>> future, why would this be a good idea to do so now?
> Jimbo Wales denounced #wikipedia - I think that suggests we're are
> doing something wrong.

I would not say that I have ever "denounced" #wikipedia.  I go there
sometimes myself.  It's a bit too noisy for me.  And sometimes too
juvenile.  But I have not denounced it.

 From freenode's point of view, Wikimedia is the organization for the
Wikipedia and Wikimedia channels.  We have always had a fairly light and
loose connection with freenode and irc channels in general, because irc
is irc, and takes care of itself.

--Jimbo