[Foundation-l] Fundraising season launch

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 23:17:26 UTC 2006

On 11/10/06, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> My day job is a consultant in systems architecture and project management
> for UNIX and Linux.  I've designed and built and operated similarly sized
> sites before.  I would like to help with this area, from systems
> architecture through operational management and documentation (and hands on
> admin if need be).  Where do I start?

Email wikitech-l, which is the tech list for the Wikimedia servers,
introducing yourself. Presumably chat to the devs on IRC on
#wikimedia-tech, fix a bug or two. (Database programming on a
soon-to-be-top-10 web site, that's a CV builder!) I *think* that's it.
I do know Wikimedia is perpetually desperate for good devs. Where
"dev" can mean all sorts of things. I'm sure Tim will be along
shortly.

- d.