[Foundation-l] Fundraising season launch

Jim Redmond jim at scrubnugget.com
Tue Oct 10 21:52:39 UTC 2006

Ant wrote:
>> Under US law, the Foundation is required to provide copies of its
>> three most recent 990s* to anyone who requests them.  It should be
>> trivial to post them in PDF format on the Foundation site as
>> other .orgs have done.
>
> Good idea :-)
> Can you request those ?

I can.  There are also a couple sites like www.guidestar.org (free
registration required) which list 990s for many non-profits, WMF included.

I just think it would be nice to have them readily available on the
Foundation wiki because
a) the Foundation is already required to complete one,
b) the Foundation is already required to make it available, and
c) even if a potential donor is not in the US, the information therein
could be very useful.

The Form 990 won't help people who want to know how the chapters handle
their money, but at least it's a start.

--
Jim Redmond
jim at scrubnugget.com