[Foundation-l] Fundraising season launch

Sebastian Moleski sebmol at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 08:10:04 UTC 2006

On 10/10/06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Is this meant to imply that we should not look for donors who aren't
> > actively involved in our projects?
> >
> > Sebastian Moleski
> Hoi,
> I would say that if we can target specific donors in a way in which it
> makes sense to them, that would be better. I will ask some of the
> organisations that I am involved in if they would be so kind and
> consider donating things.. My request to them will be more personal than
> the standard request for help .. Some of these potential donors may be
> not active at all involved in any of the WMF projects.
> Thanks,
>     GerardM

This is what I was trying to get at. I think there are a lot of potential
donors that know fo Wikimedia (mostly through Wikipedia I'd imagine) who
would be willing to support our cause even if they aren't active themselves.
We shouldn't hesitate to make use of that potential for the benefit of the
foundation and all its projects.

Regards,

Sebastian Moleski