[Foundation-l] Foundation-l summary for 1st week October

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 07:26:15 UTC 2006

On 10/10/06, effe iets anders <effeietsanders at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe the transcom could think about translations or try to contact
> people who might be interested? (Maybe even just a selection of the
> summary even)

The below is my personal opinion as a person who is charing Transcom,
please keep it in your mind.
I am afraid Transcom wouldn't nod; it is not only a volunteer group
from the Wikimedia community concerning translation in general, but an
official part of Foundation activity. it is concerning with official
information from the Foundation and sometimes its official need of
communication to people both external and internal. On basis of this
understanding, I don't think summary of foundation-l isn't within our
scope of responsibility; discussion on foundaition-l is not completely
equal to the official information from the Foundation except some
cases like official announce from the Foundation either the Board
member or its officials. Also I would like to point it out the summary
is created on individual basis of Pat Gunn and couldn't be thought as
the official statement of the Foundation. Transcom as a part of
Foundation bureaucracy may have no good reason to ensure an activity
which is independent from the Foundation in my understanding.

However it doesn't mean the goal of transcom and of this summery is in
discord. Each individual member of Transcom would like to support the
new summary project as well other individual volunteer on the
Wikimedia project, and Transcom has no good reason to hinder it. It
would be also good to use our communicative resources to ensure this
attempt. Already on translators-l we can find such individual supports
on genuine individual basis, request for translation of summary itself
and also of publishing announcement.

By the way, is it announced on Dutch Wikipedia VP and other discussion
places? ;)

Cheers,
--
Kizu Naoko