[Foundation-l] UMP Convention

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 22:28:20 UTC 2006

> On 05/10/06, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 05/10/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > Guys, I hope you all feel the power of what we are building. This is HUGE.
>
> > It's very easy to forget, sometimes. Thanks for reminding us that we
> > get taken seriously...
>

> We're a top-20 website, and the only one that's run on a shoestring.
> This is barely the beginning.
>
> ("Google? ... Oh, yes. We were going to use their ads but their
> servers couldn't possibly send them fast enough.")

We've leveled off in terms of growth (it's still there but not at the
rate it used to be). Unless we come up with something new (a way to
make commons effectively searchable might be one) we may have pretty
much reached our natural level of webpresence.

If that is the case it may be time to look to other areas. Mobile
phones. Book form. Provideing stock photos and information for non
profits (and to a degree profits).

--
geni