[Foundation-l] Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 11:02:17 UTC 2006

valdelli at bluemail.ch wrote:
> I strong support three different Wikimania: one for Europe/Africa,
> one for Asia/Australia, one form America.
>
> The Asia has got many problems and one Wikimania cannot solve them,
> but also the core of Wikipedians are in the Europe, but also the
> Digital Divide is a big problem in Africa, etc.
>
> Any choose will be always a "long long" discussion.
>
> Ilario

Hoi,
Apparently Wikimania is only for Wikipedians or people with an interest
in Wiktionary, Wikinews or Wikibooks have more money to spend. Truly
Wikimania is NOT about Wikipedia. Both Frankfurt and Boston welcomed the
other projects as warmly..  I am sure they will be as warmly welcomed in
Taipei.
Thanks,
    GerardM