[Foundation-l] Wikimania 2007

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 11:21:02 UTC 2006

On 10/3/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'd like to ask HT if all the chinese wikimania core team could join the
> wikimania mailing list, even though it may be that some of you discuss
> issues in chinese only. It is important (imho) that at least some non
> chinese be involved in the organisation, as it will greatly enrich the
> process.

Even before the winner city was decided, I was contacted by a member
of Chinese team to help inviting speakers from Japan. I understood
this request they would have liked me as non Chinese to be involved
program organization. I believe some other non Chinese editors had a
similar contact.

As Transcom member, I would like also to know who of Chinese team will
be interested in translation coordinations. Personally I think it
would be better one of Chinese team will care for translation in
general and one additional coordinator collaborate with him or her.
Since there are many good translators in Chinese speaking community,
not only zh-en but also zh-de, zh-ru and so on (I don't know zh-fr
translator(s) yet though), it will make a sense some language versions
are generated directly from Chinese versions in case Chinese is the
original. And then native speaker copyediting will be helpful.
Translation and website setting up began on the mid March in past two
conferences, we have enough time find such a coordinator, but if
Chinese team have a clear plan, it will be nice for us all to know
about that.

--
Kizu Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org