[Foundation-l] Ensuring veracity of articles based on print sources

Lorenzarius lorenzarius at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 16:55:15 UTC 2006

Even if that print source exists, it doesn't mean that that print
source really supports my "sourced" statement... If I really need to
source my fake article to prevent it from being speedy deleted, I
could just source any random real book... So this doesn't solve the
whole problem.

--Lorenzarius

On 10/4/06, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> As Erik pointed out, it is very easy to make a hoax seem legitimate if you
> cite a phony print source. What's not needed is new rules involving the use
> of print sources, but to utilise something we had all along: Google.
> Something we could do is Google the title of the book being referenced, and
> then see if it exists (beyond being mentioned in wiki mirrors). If it
> doesn't exist, then we take further action. One thing we could do is for
> every print source approved in an article, we can note that said print
> sources have been verified to be true on the talk page (via some sort of
> yellow talk page box). Comments?
>
> --James

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Lorenzarius
Tel: +852 95825791